Essential insurance required to study in France

The students of the Institute of Touraine should take out medical insurance and civil liability insurance prior to their departure to France.

Health insurance

All students must take out medical insurance for their stay in Tours.

  • The students of member-countries of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland benefit from social security coverage. They should possess a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Buying an additional medical-repatriation insurance is strongly recommended.
  • The students who are foreign nationals should buy a private medical-repatriation insurance. The type of insurance depends on the age of the students and the type of coverage selected. This formality may be completed upon arrival in France by selecting a private insurance. You can also buy a private insurance for your stay and travel in your country of origin.

Civil liability insurance

It is mandatory to have a civil liability insurance. It covers your liability for any damage caused to third parties during your stay. This coverage is often included in the medical-repatriation agreements.